Terms of Service
General terms of service
1. The owner of Sembot.io (https://sembot.io) – hereinafter referred to as “website” is Sembot Ltd https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12622610
2. Services offered by the website can be either paid or free of charge. In case of using paid services, placing an order beforehand is required.
1. The website connects to Google Ads/Adwords account through OAuth2 protocol. The website redirects the User to Google site, which allows the User to provide their consent to connect with the website.
2. The User understands that by consenting to connection in Google panel, they allow the website to modify ad campaigns on Google accounts which are connected.
3. The User allows the website to collect data from Google Ads account. Said data concern efficiency of the account, which is not characterized as personal information.
4. The website will process collected data only for the purpose of providing service to the User, excluding points 5 and 6.
5. Collective data, collected by the website, may be used to prepare general reports, which will prevent identification of sensitive data, especially advertised phrases, budgets, and User’s data. General reports, which may be prepared using said data, are of cross-sectional character – e.g. a report on the click-through rate from different ad positions, depending on a country. No information connected with a specific User will be shared.
6. Collected data will be used for machine learning, which will help the website to make decisions about the changes on Google Ads account.
7. The User may select connected Ads accounts, which the website will have access to.
8. The website downloads campaigns and ad groups from the enabled Google Ads account.
9. The User may select keywords, which will be monitored by the website. No selected keywords are stored by the website.
10. The User may set on the website, the target position of their selected keyword.
11. The User must set the maximum cost per click for the whole Google Ads account.
12. The User may set the maximum cost per click for a selected keyword. If the maximum cost is not set on a keyword level, the setting of a maximum cost for the whole account will be applied.
13. The User may set the minimum cost per click or select the option “always on the first page” or “always on the top of the page”.
14. The User understands that the website will change cost per click, between the minimum selected cost and the maximum, and such action will influence the efficiency of running Google Ads Campaigns.
15. The User can select an option, which continuously lowers the cost per click, if the current position is equal to the expected position. Such action leads to lowering the cost per click, however, in case the campaign is low traffic, it can lead to considerable decrease of a position of displayed ad.
16. The User has an option to select the range of tolerance of a target position of a keyword, which means switching off changes in cost pew click, as long as the ad fits set range (does not work with the option “lowering the cost per click”).
17. The User understands that setting a target position and the maximum cost per click will start the algorithm running.
18. The user can stop the algorithm running by deleting the maximum cost per click, deleting the target position, deactivating the keyword, or disconnecting the Google Ads account.
19. The keyword, which is added to monitoring (active), but does not have the target position, will be monitored by the website, but without making any changes.
20. The website stores information about keyword settings, using labels added to a keyword in Google Ads.
21. The User understands that changing labels using Google Ads will impact functioning of the website.
22. Changing the labels directly on Google Ads is one of the ways of working with the website and it is completely safe.
Shared Google Ads data and its processing
Connecting with Google Ads account
1. The system stores information, essential for connecting with Google Ads Account, account ID, account name, OAuth2 authorization token.
2. The system stores identification data of Google Ads accounts linked to connected Google Ads account, which connected account has modification rights to (sub Manager accounts, linked accounts). Said information is essential for allowing selection of account to work on, in case of more than one connected Google ads account. Data is stored only for the purpose of speeding up the work of interface (cache). The system stores information about the currency and time zone of the account.
3. The system stores campaigns (ID, name) from accounts, added by the User for the purpose of speeding up the interface (cache).
4. The system downloads the list of keywords for the particular campaign for the purpose of enabling the option to add a keyword to the system. Data is not stored and disappear from the system after closing the window, in which you add new keywords.
5. The system cumulatively stores (with a frequency chosen by the user) current (only for the particular day of checking) statistics of auction for keywords added by the user with an interface or by adding a Sembot label to the keyword. No other keywords are processed by the system. The system stores the following pieces of information: keyword ID, ad group ID, ad group name, campaign ID, campaign name, the number of views, the number of clicks, average CTR, average position, average CPM, approximate cost for the first position, approximate cost for the top of results, approximate cost for the first page, the result of quality, match type, viewing time, account ID, account name.
Connecting through the script “Ads script”
In case there is a necessity to grant full control over the transferred data, there is an option of controlled transfer of data through Google Ads/Adwords scripts.
1. The system cumulatively stores (with a frequency chosen by the user) current (only for the particular day of checking) statistics of auction for keywords added by the user with an interface or by adding a Sembot label to the keyword. No other keywords are processed by the system. The system stores the following pieces of information: keyword ID, ad group ID, ad group name, campaign ID, campaign name, the number of views, the number of clicks, average CTR, average position, average CPM, approximate cost for the first position, approximate cost for the top of results, approximate cost for the first page, the result of quality, match type, viewing time, account ID, account name.
2. The amount of data from point 1 can be limited. In order for the system to work properly, the minimum amount of data is as follows: account ID, account name, the number of views, average position, keyword name (it can be encrypted or changed), keyword ID, ad group ID.
3. Limiting the amount of data will impact the information presented in the website panel.
4. The lack of connection with Google Ads will disable the option to change the parameters from the website level. The parameters can be changed directly on Google Ads account through editing (adding) keyword labels.
5. The changes made through the script will be displayed in the script register on Google Ads panel.
Processing data with Google Ads
1. The User consents to processing the data, mentioned earlier, by the website.
2. The website will process data in order to provide a service, making game strategy for the selected position, and deliver reports to the User.
3. The website will not share User’s data with third parties.
4. The website will use data for machine learning.
5. The website may use aggregated, anonymized data to present collective reports. Collective reports contain data from multiple client accounts, and presented data will prevent identification of a keyword, entity, account, etc. The purpose of this notation is to enable creating cross-sectional reports such as click-through rate of selected positions, conversion rate of selected positions, etc.
- The website is not liable for consequences of changing the cost per click (CPC) on the selected keyword.
- The User understands, that the website changes the cost based on the cost per click range selected by the user, in order to achieve the position, selected by the User.
- The User understands, that achieving the position is based on forecasting the changes in auctions, and it may be impossible to perform.
- The User understands, that the website will raise the cost per click within the allowed range in case the keyword is displayed on the position that is too low, and lower the cost per click, when the position is too high.
- The website is not liable for achieving the average position by the keyword in a particular time frame.
- The User understands that the website works based on API Google Ads interface, or data downloaded by Google Ads Script, directly from User’s account.
- Google Ads does not transfer data in real time. Data is delayed, usually about few minutes comparing to the current state.
- The delayed data usually does not have a huge impact on the average results. The website is not liable for delays in transferring data by Google and the consequences connected with it.
- The consequences of delayed data is making a change based on no longer current information. Usually, the periodic trend lasts for a longer periods of time; the delayed change has a minimal impact on the results of action.
- Besides the regular delays in transferring data by Google, there may be occasional cases of longer delays in updating data.
- In case of longer delays in updating data, the website does not make the changes. It means that if the website receives the same data in the subsequent cycles of checking, the changes will not be made. The cost per click will be kept in the set range, and the ad will be displayed on positions, adequate for the current cost.
- Longer delays occur occasionally, and concern single keywords. The User understands, that such cases happen and the website is not liable for them.
- The User understands, that the only consequence of longer delays is displaying the ad with the cost from before the delay, on an unknown position (in almost every case the position will be close to the position from before the delay).
- The User understands, that choosing the option to continuously lower the cost per click (“Lowering”) leads to lowering the cost, even if the keyword is already on the selected position. In case of big amount of views, this action leads to lowering cost per click. In case of words with a small number of views, and incorrectly selected minimum cost per click, such action can lead to stopping the views of a keyword. The User understands, that they are responsible for choosing the option “Lowering” and for correctly selecting the minimum cost per click.
- The User uses the website on their own accord and at their own risk.
- Parties (website, User) exclude the liability in the field connected to operating of the system (changes in cost per click) for so-called loss of profit (“lucrum cessans”).
- In case of violation of the rules of personal data processing, by either party (website, User) and causing damage to the other party, the party guilty of violation is liable to compensate the damage, limited to the actual damage (“damnum emergens”), with the exclusion of liability for loss of profit (“lucrum cessans”).
- In case of violation of the rules of processing data collected from Google Ads account by the website and causing damage to the other party, the party guilty of violation is liable to compensate the damage, limited to the actual damage (“damnum emergens”), with the exclusion of liability for loss of profit (“lucrum cessans”).